Quantcast

UT Dallas Admission Chances


Acceptance Chances

Acceptance Rate
61.5%
Admission Difficulty for The University of Texas at Dallas
Measure Difficulty
Admission StandardsExceptional
Applicant CompetitionLow

Can I get into UT Dallas? These admission statistics provide an indication how difficult it is to get in and what your chances are. 6,909 out of 11,237 applicants or 61% were admitted making UT Dallas a moderately competitive school to get into with a strong chance of acceptance if you meet the requirements.  Academically, it has extremely high requirements for admission test scores. Only 39% of those admitted chose to enroll in the school.

Advertisement

SAT Requirements

SAT Range
1210-1420
Applicants Submitting SAT
77%
SAT Scores for The University of Texas at Dallas
SAT Test 25th Percentile Score
SAT Reading 25th 600
SAT Math 25th 620
SAT Composite 25th 1210
SAT Scores for The University of Texas at Dallas
SAT Test 25th Percentile Score
SAT Reading 75th 700
SAT Math 75th 730
SAT Composite 75th 1420
SAT Scores you need to get in

What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to The University of Texas at Dallas?

Reporting indicates the school consistently takes SAT composite scores down to 1210 on a 1600 scale, below which admission should be considered a reach. We estimate some students could be accepted with SAT's as low as 1105. The estimated average SAT composite for admitted freshman is 1315 out of 1600. A competitive SAT score is critical as 77 percent of applicants submit SAT scores to the school. Note: SAT scores presented on this page have been adjusted upwards per the College Board's concordance tables for test takers after March 2016.

Estimated Chance of Acceptance by SAT Score

The University of Texas at Dallas admission chances by SAT score
SAT Score (1600 scale) Competitiveness Admission Chances
1420 and Above Good >73%
1315 to 1420 Avg + 61%-73%
1210 to 1315 Avg - 48%-61%
1105 to 1210 Reach 35%-48%
Less than 1105 Low <35%

ACT Requirements

ACT Range
25-31 
Applicants Submitting ACT
55%
ACT Scores for The University of Texas at Dallas
ACT Test 25th Percentile Score
ACT Reading 25th 24
ACT Math 25th 26
ACT Composite 25th 25
ACT Scores for The University of Texas at Dallas
ACT Test 75th Percentile Score
ACT Reading 75th 32
ACT Math 75th 32
ACT Composite 75th 31
ACT Scores needed to get accepted

What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into UT Dallas?

Admission data indicates that UT Dallas regularly accepts students with ACT's of 25 and above. We estimate the school accepting minimum ACT composite scores around 22 in some instances. Prospective students submitting an ACT composite of 28 or higher should be in the upper half of applicants - and students with a 31 and above have very competitive chances. 55 percent of applicants submit ACT scores to The University of Texas at Dallas.

Estimated Chance of Acceptance by ACT Score

The University of Texas at Dallas admission chances by ACT score
ACT Score Competitiveness Admission Chances
31 and Above Good >73%
28 to 31 Avg + 61%-73%
25 to 28 Avg - 48%-61%
22 to 25 Reach 35%-48%
Less than 22 Low <35%

Estimated GPA Requirements

The University of Texas at Dallas has not reported high school GPA data for its accepted students.

Advertisement

Admission Statistics

The University of Texas at Dallas admission statistics
Women Men Total
Applied 5,259 5,978 11,237
Accepted 3,115 3,794 6,909
Acceptance Rate 59% 63% 61%
Enrolled 1,126 1,602 2,728
Percent of Admitted Who Enrolled (Admission Yield) 36% 42% 39%

Admission Requirements

What are the requirements for admission to The University of Texas at Dallas and what considerations affect admission decisions?

The University of Texas at Dallas Admission Requirements
Test Scores Required
High School GPA Recommended
High School Class Rank Recommended
Completion of College Preparatory Program Recommended
Recommendations Neither required nor recommended
Demonstration of Competencies Neither required nor recommended

Credits Accepted

High School Credits Accepted at The University of Texas at Dallas
AP Credit Yes
Dual Credit Yes
Credit for Life Experiences No

Primary data source, U.S. Department of Education https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?id=228787 IPEDS survey data for The University of Texas at Dallas.