Quantcast

Kean Admission Chances


Acceptance Chances

Acceptance Rate
74.3%
Admission Difficulty for Kean University
Measure Difficulty
Admission StandardsExtremely Easy
Applicant CompetitionLow

Can I get into Kean? These admission statistics provide an indication how difficult it is to get in and what your chances are. 5,900 out of 7,944 applicants or 74% were admitted making Kean a moderately competitive school to get into with a strong chance of acceptance if you meet the requirements.  Academically, it has extremely easy requirements for admission test scores. Only 26% of those admitted chose to enroll in the school.

Advertisement

SAT Requirements

SAT Range
920-1100
Applicants Submitting SAT
77%
SAT Scores for Kean University
SAT Test 25th Percentile Score
SAT Reading 25th 450
SAT Math 25th 470
SAT Composite 25th 920
SAT Scores for Kean University
SAT Test 25th Percentile Score
SAT Reading 75th 550
SAT Math 75th 550
SAT Composite 75th 1100
SAT Scores you need to get in

What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to Kean University?

Reporting indicates the school consistently takes SAT composite scores down to 920 on a 1600 scale, below which admission should be considered a reach. We estimate some students could be accepted with SAT's as low as 830. The estimated average SAT composite for admitted freshman is 1010 out of 1600. A competitive SAT score is critical as 77 percent of applicants submit SAT scores to the school. Note: SAT scores presented on this page have been adjusted upwards per the College Board's concordance tables for test takers after March 2016.

Estimated Chance of Acceptance by SAT Score

Kean University admission chances by SAT score
SAT Score (1600 scale) Competitiveness Admission Chances
1100 and Above Good >83%
1010 to 1100 Avg + 74%-83%
920 to 1010 Avg - 63%-74%
830 to 920 Reach 50%-63%
Less than 830 Low <50%

ACT Requirements

ACT Range
17-21 
Applicants Submitting ACT
9%
ACT Scores for Kean University
ACT Test 25th Percentile Score
ACT Reading 25th N/A
ACT Math 25th N/A
ACT Composite 25th 17
ACT Scores for Kean University
ACT Test 75th Percentile Score
ACT Reading 75th N/A
ACT Math 75th N/A
ACT Composite 75th 21
ACT Scores needed to get accepted

What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into Kean?

Admission data indicates that Kean regularly accepts students with ACT's of 17 and above. We estimate the school accepting minimum ACT composite scores around 15 in some instances. Prospective students submitting an ACT composite of 19 or higher should be in the upper half of applicants - and students with a 21 and above have very competitive chances. 9 percent of applicants submit ACT scores to Kean University.

Estimated Chance of Acceptance by ACT Score

Kean University admission chances by ACT score
ACT Score Competitiveness Admission Chances
21 and Above Good >83%
19 to 21 Avg + 74%-83%
17 to 19 Avg - 63%-74%
15 to 17 Reach 50%-63%
Less than 15 Low <50%

Estimated GPA Requirements

Kean University has not reported high school GPA data for its accepted students.

Advertisement

Admission Statistics

Kean University admission statistics
Women Men Total
Applied 4,697 3,247 7,944
Accepted 3,506 2,394 5,900
Acceptance Rate 75% 74% 74%
Enrolled 869 649 1,518
Percent of Admitted Who Enrolled (Admission Yield) 25% 27% 26%

Admission Requirements

What are the requirements for admission to Kean University and what considerations affect admission decisions?

Kean University Admission Requirements
Test Scores Required
High School GPA Required
High School Class Rank Neither required nor recommended
Completion of College Preparatory Program Recommended
Recommendations Required
Demonstration of Competencies Neither required nor recommended

Credits Accepted

High School Credits Accepted at Kean University
AP Credit Yes
Dual Credit Yes
Credit for Life Experiences Yes

Primary data source, U.S. Department of Education https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?id=185262 IPEDS survey data for Kean University.